The Software Develop is a full-stack developer with specific Node.js, C++/C# or Python, TypeScript, and Angular expertise and capable of single-handedly be engaged in all phases of the software development lifecycle that includes gathering and analyzing user/business system requirements, creating application system interfaces and integrations and developing these under an Agile methodology.
The Software Developer has knowledge of standard software development concepts, practices and procedures and capable of rapidly learning emerging technologies and applying them to solve specific technical problems.
The selected individual should have the experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals on a self-driven basis. A degree of creativity and flexibility to accommodate moving software targets plus the ability to work under tight deliverable timeframes working in a small development shop is required. The position reports to the VP of Technology.
AVERAGE % OF TIME
Software Development Responsibilities:
· Set-up a cloud-based development environment following best version control, security, and agile development practices.
· Develop, test and implement new software programs in C++/C# or Python, Node.js, TypeScript, and Angular as well as other selected technologies.
· Primary focus is on developing interface code that connects RESTful API, and SOAP/WSDL systems with each other.
· Create, maintain and version APIs.
· Use and examine current transformational technologies such as XML, JSON, CSV and SQL.
· Design and update databases. This includes structured and unstructured databases.
· Work with SQL Servers and related databases to allow creation and support of data migrations and transformations.
· Develop RPA initiatives by analyzing and designing process workflows.
· Build, test, and implement RPA solutions using available RPA tools such as UIPath, Automation Anywhere and Blue Prism.
· Test, maintain and recommend software improvements to ensure strong functionality and optimization.
· Create error logging and reporting solutions to deliver to team members and partners.
· Independently install, customize and integrate commercial software packages.
· Work with experienced team members to conduct root cause analysis of issues, review new and existing code and/or perform unit testing.
· Identify ideas to improve system performance and impact availability.
· Resolve complex technical design issues.
· Development of technical specifications and plans.
· Analyze user requirements and convert requirements to design documents.
· Seek out ways to utilize SFDC to improve processes/productivity and make recommendations to support organizational goals.
Technology Expertise, Support & Documentation:
· Provide comprehensive support to internal customers; achieve resolution to outstanding problems or issues.
· Communicate effectively and professionally in all forms of communication with internal and external customers
· Clearly and regularly communicate with management, external development partners, and technical support peers.
· Possess and maintain up-to-date knowledge of technological developments in the industry.
· Compile timely, comprehensive and accurate documentation and or reports as requested.
· Possess strong problem solving and decision-making skills while using good judgment.
· Multi-task and change from one task to another without loss of efficiency or composure.
· Make good technical decisions that provide solutions to business challenges
Perform additional duties and handle projects as assigned by the Director of Business Solutions, Director of IT Operations or VP of Technology; Achieve regular attendance in conformity with standards; Comply fully with all Prometheus Real Estate Group rules and regulations for the safe and effective operation of the Prometheus Real Estate Group’s facilities. Participate and complete all mandatory training. Additional tasks as may be assigned from time to time by the Principal or others at the Principal’s direction. Occasional travel will be required based upon the property’s needs
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of knowledge, skills, and abilities:
Prometheus is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state or local law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.