We're excited for you to join us in our mission to pursue good living for the greater good. This means providing the very best living experience for our Neighbors, while doing good in our communities and beyond. It also means supporting you in your career goals with the very best working experience, and that starts with us having fun in the work we do together.
At Prometheus we believe the employment relationship is a two way street. Yes, we want you to earn a fair day’s pay for the work you do but, more importantly, we want you to feel that Prometheus is a HOME for your ideas and a career that helps you grow.
This is an exciting opportunity to contribute to the rapidly growing retail portfolio at Prometheus. Our mixed use projects are delivered with unparalleled quality and amenities and with your help, our integrated retail centers will be equally as extraordinary. As the Retail Property Manager you will interact with all facets of the retail operations. We are looking for a passionate, detail oriented individual who is passionate about retail real estate and wants to support our development and execution of first-in-class retail operations at our mixed used projects.
Your Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Leasing and Tenant Relationships – You work alongside our senior team and brokers as we endeavor bring premier retail operators to our mixed use sites. Work closely with our internal teams in the creation and management of LODs, work letters and Letters of Intent, and you will also have the opportunity to lead the effort to manage lease expirations and renewals with an ongoing voice in the direction of our neighborhood centers.
- Site Management – You interact with vendors and internal partners to maintain the physical aspects of the retail center.
- Financial Management – You drive the direction and success of Prometheus retail operations through strategic financial planning, recovery and reconciliation of operating expenses and capital planning.
Here’s more of the nitty-gritty:
- Bachelor’s degree or minimum of 10 years in retail / commercial property management is required.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in commercial property management with some time spent with retail and / or mixed-use assets.
- Experience in small neighborhood and mixed-use (retail & residential) preferred.
- Working knowledge of retail leases, and other legal issues affecting commercial and retail property management.
- Sound understanding of property management accounting principles, ability to prepare an operating budget, monthly variance reports and comprehension of typical accounting reports including general ledger, P&L etc.
- Strategic client relationships within the market or the industry with a philosophy focusing on curating the right tenant mix, growth and retention for each asset.
- Outgoing, confident and collaborative with the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from Senior Management, vendors, clients and the general public.
- A self-starter with exceptional verbal/written communication and organizational skills.
- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, and coordination of people and resources.
- Articulate, polished and comfortable in a fast-paced environment.
- Commercial property marketing experience is a plus.
- Computer proficient in Windows, MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook), YARDI and the internet.
- Travel between the Bay Area and Portland on a regular basis (at least once per month.
Our Cultural Traits:
Although we’re a highly dispersed organization by the nature of our business, our Prometheans are strongly united by our Purpose, Mission and our Cultural Traits. These are the defining characteristics of a Promethean: Team Oriented, Communicator, Entrepreneurial, Passionate, Self-Starter, Creative, Principled, and Brand Ambassador.
Ready to be different, stand out and revolutionize? Apply today.
Prometheus is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state or local law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under Federal Employment Laws, please check out these FMLA, EEO, and EPPA pages.